Your weekly offering of writing/art/journal prompts:
1. A poem by Jack Gilbert, Falling and Flying, took my breath away this week. How do you express that which takes your breath away?
2. My son is an artist in the Minneapolis art collective, Rogue Citizen. They often refer to their live paint events as ruckus. What would you call it when you make art?
3. My daughter plays the violin. She performed in a concert at her high school last night and felt that they didn’t do the best with the last song. Not knowing how the song is supposed to sound, I thought they were wonderful. When someone enjoys your work, even though you know it’s not as good as it should be, do you leave them alone with their enjoyment or do you tell them the work is crap?
4. Which produces more passionate work for you – anger or love?
5. A perfect fantasy world looks like ___________________.
I am thankful for my family, friends, a solid house, consistent electricity, and the means to share a meal with others often. Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the US!
|photo courtesy of morguefile.com|