1. In my head, I can see the collision of the sounds of punk rock coming from my daughter’s bedroom with the really noisy warbles of the birds outside my office window.
2. Last night’s concert by little kids that my daughter helped teach playing their first songs on the violin; the blind boy who had the notes whispered in his ear as he played along with everyone else.
3. How unreasonable to you have to get before you know you’ve gone too far?
4. You can go anywhere in the world for an afternoon. Where is it?
5. Steal a line from Ed Bok Lee: “Everyone will try not to stare”*.
And your fragments are…?
Now for the latest in making the world a better place. Read on.
DO A KIND THING
Yesterday, I was contacted by a woman named Kayla Handy about a new video that’s available for viewing. The video is called Kindness Captured: A Day of Bravery and Kindness and it’s on the website, HooplaHa. I had never heard of HooplaHa, and I’m glad I took the time to follow the link and see what the site is all about.
The whole point of HooplaHa is to share stories of people doing good things. People doing kind things. Stories that just might make you smile. I liked it enough to sign up for their daily dose of good news.
Check it out. See what you think. Then pass it on.
*from: How to Write Then Clone an Ethnic Poem by Ed Bok Lee, from Whorled (2011, Coffee House Press, Minneapolis).