Glad Blogger is back up and running. It seemed like a long morning!
And for Friday the 13th we have….
1. How much of the old superstition that 13 is an unlucky number still exists?
2. My son and his wife just might have their baby today and that would be lucky, not unlucky.
3. So, if you’re invited to a meeting in Chicago and accept, only to discover someone’s idea of Chicago is really Schaumburg, does that teach you to ask more questions before you say yes next time?
4. Why do so many people equate unbearably schlocky gooey-ooey barfy writing with how to describe something romantic?
5. I never get tired of pizza or coffee but they can’t both be in the same meal. Ick.
And your fragments are…..?
DO A KIND THING
Last Sunday, on Mother’s Day, I participated in my first Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure (well, in my case, it was a 5K walk….okay, stroll….with friends) in Bloomington, Minnesota. It was absolutely astonishing to see the thousands of participants and get a different perspective on breast cancer’s vast impact. If you have ever walked around the block, you can do this. There are events all over the county in any given month. Go here to check it out. Do it for every woman you know. And men, too, come to think of it.
Here are some photos from the walk.
|The Tutus for Ta-tas group|
|My daughter waiting for things to get moving|
|People as far as we could see joined in|