Last week, I began a new feature: first morning fragments. Once a week, I’ll post my own random thoughts that pop up first thing in the morning in the hope that you might remember some of your own and use them to spark a new piece of work. Hey, it happens.
1. Who else has dinner guests that check their dogs’ toenails and teeth? This is what we get for hanging out with veterinarians.
2. Oh, yeah. The royal wedding.
3. Classical music is a great alarm clock for gentle waking. Unfortunately, I do not want to actually get out of bed.
4. I get to pay my speeding ticket today. That I got it driving home from a Gary Snyder poetry reading strikes me as just a little funny.
5. When I first wake up, I forget that I’m near-sighted. Cool.
And your fragments are….?